Friday 4 May 2007

Turning the other ear

You know that special Teen Buzz that kids can supposedly hear but oldies can't? Some researcher found that as we age the frequencies we can hear diminish, and so there's this 17 KHz tone they're selling as a ringtone, so that young people can text each other in school when their phones are supposed to be turned off, but it's okay cuz the teachers can't hear it.

SUCKERS! Kids, eh, believe anything. Go here and play the tone for yourself. See if you can hear it. If not, try it on cans instead of speakers (I use the word "cans" to ensure I'm only understood by older peeps) and see if that makes a difference.
I can hear it, plain as day. It sounds nothing like a skeeter, as it happens. You may have to take my word for that.

I said YOU MAY HAVE TO TAKE MY WORD FOR THAT. Damn wrinklies.