Sunday 13 January 2008

No curbs

I've just been watching the last season (to date) of Curb Your Enthusiasm. What is there to say? This is probably the best sitcom ever made, or maybe ex aequo in first place with the first season of Fawlty Towers.

But Larry has turned out 60 episodes of this show, compared to Cleeseses eight. And the 60th was as good as any, as we leave Larry with the foxy Viveca A. Fox and her family of hurricane refugees. Brilliant.

I watched it on a new site, which I just sorta stumbled on when the site where I used to watch TV comedies (like the excellent Peep Show) went down for some reason. This one has patchy coverage, also (despite the name) includes shows like The Wire and Dexter (update later) and has videos of pretty good quality -- the CYE was good enough for full-screen.

I don't know what the legality of it all is, but it's certainly one I've bookmarked.